I want to put a Conservatory on the back of the house

Ask any question about Planning here but even better, can you help another member? If you can answer a question, please help!
Muriel V

I want to put a Conservatory on the back of the house

Post by Muriel V » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:26 am

Hello DANIELLE< We have been thinking of doing a sun lounge on the back our house but our neighbour said get planning permission fiorst. is that really necessary?

Enbury
Scribe
Scribe

Re: I want to put a Conservatory on the back of the house

Post by Enbury » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:32 am

Morning Muriel, where in the country are you?

Danielle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I want to put a Conservatory on the back of the house

Post by Danielle » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

Muriel the UK is split into 3 locations, England and Wales, N Ireland and Scotland, look at viewforum.php?f=8 and click on your location there!

First of all CLICK on the location I advised but generally

Adding a conservatory to your house is considered to be permitted development, not needing an application for planning permission, subject to the limits and conditions listed below.
  • No more than half the area of land around the "original house"* would be covered by additions or other buildings.
  • No extension forward of the principal elevation or side elevation fronting a highway.
  • No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof.
  • Single-storey rear extension must not extend beyond the rear wall of the original house* by more than three metres if an attached house or by four metres if a detached house.
  • In addition, outside Article 1(5) designated land* and Sites of Special Scientific Interest the limit is increased to 6m if an attached house and 8m if a detached house until 30 May 2019.
  • These increased limits (between 3m and 6m and between 4m and 8m respectively) are subject to the neighbour consultation scheme.
  • Maximum height of a single-storey rear extension of four metres.
READ MORE :D